CSAM Health Group AS (“CSAM”), a leading provider of niche eHealth solutions in the Nordics, pan-Europe and beyond, today announced that it has acquired Carmona, a provider of unified patient data solutions for the life sciences sector, healthcare services and researchers.
In 2021, CSAM acquired the well-established Health Analytics software provider MedSciNet, strategically laying the foundation for a new and highly complementary solutions offering. Today’s addition of Carmona’s strong customer base, skilled team and complementary solutions portfolio further strengthens CSAM’s highly specialised portfolio and geographic footprint within Health Analytics.
– “Health analytics is a game-changing growth area for the healthcare industry and CSAM,” says Sverre Flatby, CEO at CSAM.
– “Our current customers in the Nordics and beyond are using different specialised eHealth solutions from CSAM to register valuable data every day. There are obvious synergies in this transaction since we now can offer our 500 institutional customers in 25 countries a portfolio of health analytics platforms”, he continues.
While Health Analytics is currently CSAM’s newest and thus smallest business area, CSAM aims to substantially grow the business through subsequent acquisitions in the years to come.
– “Our Health Analytics Business Area Manager, Camilla Björk, knows Carmona well, their people and products, providing confidence for a smooth transition in to CSAM’s team and business. Camilla’s extensive experience and leadership in the analytics arena will prove to be highly valuable in both onboarding the new team and solutions and our further boosting CSAM growth in the analytics segment.”
· Signing and closing took place on February 28th, 2022
· Carmona reported sales in 2021 of 13.1 MSEK and budgeted sales for 2022 ~16 MSEK (management forecast)
· The agreed transaction price is 20 MSEK and will be settled in cash
· RSM and Haavind have acted as advisors on financial and legal matters
About Carmona AB
Founded in 1991, Carmona provides unified patient data solutions to the life sciences sector, healthcare providers and researchers targeting pharma and CRO, Healthcare providers, quality registers. Carmona stands for unique specialist competence and close collaboration with renowned research and development-oriented businesses for solutions to collect and sharing complete, timely and high-quality data. Carmona has offices in Stockholm and Halmstad, Sweden. www2.carmona.se
Interim Communications Director
+47 41 45 80 43
Chief Financial Officer
+47 91 55 45 32
CSAM has established itself as leading niche player in the Nordics, pan-Europe and beyond in the specialised eHealth market with a unique blend of best-in-class innovative technology, and outstanding human skills. Already serving 500 customers in 25 countries, the company’s diverse portfolio of software solutions enables healthcare providers to access relevant clinical information at the point of care. CSAM’s commercial headquarters are in Oslo, Norway. The eHealth solutions provider is represented in 10 countries in Europe, Asia, and North America, including a wholly owned software engineering subsidiary in the Philippines.
For more information, visit www.csamhealth.com.
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Subscribe to our newsletter: http://eepurl.com/dsoOJH