CSAM is pleased to announce the appointment of Rolf-Henry Grønlund to the position of Group Sales Director. In his new role, Rolf-Henry will be responsible for delivering organic sales growth across the full breadth of CSAM products, in both existing and new markets.
– I am thrilled to welcome Rolf-Henry to CSAM, said Sverre Flatby, CEO. With his international experience and track record of success in eHealth, Rolf-Henry’s insights and skills make him an invaluable addition to our management team.
– I am excited to take on this challenge, leading CSAM’s sales and marketing teams, said Grønlund. In the short time I’ve been here, I have been so impressed with the company’s culture and people. Their technical and industry knowledge is unsurpassed, and I look forward to contributing to the company’s continued growth.
Career and experiences
Rolf-Henry comes to CSAM following a long and successful career in the eHealth industry, both in the Nordics, as well as internationally in Europe, North America and South East Asia.
He began his career at Profdoc, an electronic medical records (EMR) company, where he took on increasingly senior roles before becoming Managing Director of the company’s Swedish subsidiary. Following his time there, he founded and managed his own company, Normedis Healthcare AB, which imported medical equipment, such as EKG, spirometry and blood pressure machines, that could be integrated within a healthcare practitioner’s EMR system.
After several successful years managing Normedis, the company was acquired by its medical equipment vendor, Cardio Control NV from the Netherlands. Rolf-Henry accepted a position within the company, spending three years in the United States at their subsidiary in Atlanta, Georgia, strengthening their subsidiary’s sales and marketing focus for the North and South American markets.
An entrepreneur and adventurer, Rolf-Henry took on another new challenge in 2004, moving to South East Asia and starting a franchise of Profdoc. There, he took products from Sweden and Norway and adapted them for the Asian market, building a large organization in Kuala Lumpur. He led the company’s computerization process of several hospitals in Malaysia and other countries within the region. Eventually, he sold his shares in the franchise to CGM, a German conglomerate which had purchased Profdoc in Scandinavia two years earlier.
Delivering quality care
Rolf-Henry’s career has been marked by commercial achievement and international success. However, his passion and focus has always been on helping healthcare providers access the tools they need in order to deliver quality care to their patients. One of the most rewarding experiences of his career was during his time in Asia, where he saw the immediate and positive impact his company had, delivering eHealth systems developed in Norway and Sweden to healthcare providers in a different context.
– Seeing how these systems, originating from the other side of the world, could help healthcare professionals deliver better care to their patients was incredibly fulfilling, said Grønlund. It demonstrated that by focusing on the healthcare practitioners and how they work at the point of care, we can develop tools for them to do an exceptional job, no matter the location or environment.
Supporting healthcare providers and patients with innovative technology has been a theme in Rolf-Henry’s career, and inevitably led him to CSAM.
– I had been following CSAM’s progress for many years and was particularly impressed by the company’s growth and their focused strategy of specializing in niche therapeutic areas, such as maternity care and cancer, said Grønlund.
He continued, saying “CSAM does things differently than many of the other big eHealth companies. In my view, it makes sense to focus on specific areas of expertise and how you can help those healthcare providers deliver the best possible care for their patients, rather than trying to be a single supplier of every aspect of eHealth. CSAM has achieved a strong leadership position in several markets by maintaining a niche strategy.”
Rolf-Henry is looking forward to putting his expertise to work at CSAM, implementing a sales and commercial strategy that will further strengthen the company’s position as a leader in the eHealth market.
– Delivering organic growth through sales and marketing is a key focus for the company, in addition to our mergers and acquisitions strategy, and I am confident that our team can deliver, said Grønlund.
– It’s a very exciting time to be in the eHealth industry, and at CSAM we are well prepared for and positioned to capitalize on opportunities for exhilarated growth – no one is sitting still, he added.
In addition to his experience in the eHealth industry, Rolf-Henry holds an MBA from BI Norwegian Business School, and a Masters of Science (M.Sc.) in Marketing and Consumer Insight from Nanyang Business School at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore.
An adventurous spirit by nature, Rolf-Henry loves to travel and learn about different cultures, especially sampling new cuisines. He also speaks three languages – English, Norwegian, and Swedish.